About Me

I am originally from Arkansas, but I've been living in Atlanta since 2005. I have a B.S.E., M.S.E., EdS, and now I'm working on my certification in Instructional Design and Technology. I have been teaching for six years but with all the changes in education, I'm looking to change my career to curriculum and instruction and technology. I'm expecting my first child, a boy, due on Valentines. I'm very excited about that.

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Connectivism

My network is centered totally around technology. I will truly say that I am an online learner. I will say this can be positive and negative at the same time. If I am in a meeting, I find myself drifting or doing something on the computer when I should be listening to the speaker. Traditional learning has never been for me but I learn using a variety of learning strategies. Whether I am at work or at home, I am doing something on the internet. I think this is due to the fast pace of society and technology being innovated in new ways everyday. The school where I work has gone digital, so as an educator it is important for me to stay on top of changes in technology. To me, the internet was the best thing invented. Now that I am an online learner, I find the majority of my resources online. I can complete research and work without leaving my home. I think digital tools are anything you can use in addition to the internet, which will help, enhance the online experience. Software, games, and online libraries are just a few of some digital tools that have helped enhance the way I learn online. When I have questions about what I am learning, I normally do some research by googling the topic to see if I can gather some information. Most of the time, I find what I am looking for and the answer is scholarly and useful. I think my personal network aligns with the connectivism theory. Connectivism is a new theory for the digital age. Since I am an online learner, I have to look more into this theory and have an understanding of what it is and how it works. Teaching and learning go hand in hand and has become more networked, therefore connectivism must be integrated along with behaviorism, cognitivism, and constructivism in order to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment